Brothers, Inc. is one of the oldest family owned beverage
distributorships in the entire country. A company which has prided
itself on serving its customers and its community for over 83 years. A company which is truly dedicated to its motto
- Quality, Integrity and Service - and has used this recipe to become a successful market leading beverage wholesaler.
The Schamberger Story started out in a small warehouse on Race
Avenue in Chicago in 1933. Repeal of prohibition opened up many doors to a profitable business in beer distribution.
Hermann Schamberger Sr. and his brother Michael saw this opportunity and founded the Schamberger Distributing Company. They had only six people on the payroll and only two trucks in their fleet.
In 1937, the brothers incorporated the company and it became Schamberger Bros., Inc.
The company was experiencing rapid growth and lack of warehouse space. In 1941, a
new and larger facility was built to accommodate the growing
Kinzie Street in Chicago. Then in 1948 an
addition was needed to the second warehouse.
The fleet grew to nine trucks and serviced over one thousand accounts.
As expansion continued, a new facility was erected in 1952 on North Ave. in Villa Park. This first served as a branch for the booming western suburbs but soon became the headquarters for the company. During this year Hermann Sr. bought out Michaelís stake in the company and was now sole owner.
In 1957 Hermannís first son Gerhart joined the company. 1961 brought on
the addition of Hermann's second son, Hermann, Jr.
Business continued to expand and the last and most recent upgrade in facilities (as seen on
our homepage) occurred in 1974. The company built a state of the art warehouse which is revered by all in the industry. Known for its efficiency and cleanliness, the building at 101 E. Hill St. is capable of housing over three quarters of a million cases and over five thousand kegs in a climate controlled environment.
In the 80's & 90's Schamberger Brother's became highly active in purchasing many distributors. Hermann Jr. and Gerhart
acquired new brands, territory and
added new employees. In 1987 Hermann Jr.'s sons Hermann III and Joseph joined the company.
1992 brought on the addition of Hermann Jr.'s third son John.
Passing of the Torch
On January 4, 2005 the second generation of Schamberger's retired.
Hermann III, Joe and John purchased the shares owned by Gerhart and
Hermann, Jr. The third generation of Schamberger's now carry the
April 2008 Hermann III, Joe and John
dedicated their meeting / training room to their founder and his sons.
This room is now known as the "75th Room."
In 2013 Schamberger Brother's Inc.
celebrated 80 years in business! Their future continues to shine